• Financing Option: Available
• Physical Residency Requirement: Not required
• Citizenship Requirement: Eligible after 5 years of Permanent Residency
• Processing Time: 6-12 months
• Visa free Travel: 142 countries
Bulgaria is located in south east Europe. Its Capital is Sofia. Total area is 110,879 km2. Languages are Bulgarian, Turkish and Roma. Currency is Bulgarian Lev (BGN) tied to Euro (EUR).
• Non-EU citizen;
• Valid passport or another substitute foreign travel document;
• Personal net worth greater than € 1 million is required by banks for the financed investment option. For the full investment option, the net worth requirement is €511,292;
• Documents supporting the source and origin of the declared and invested funds;
• Proof that the applicant has no criminal record;
• Attest the Power of Attorneys and the Investment Agreement;
• Payment of application fees;
• Make the minimum statutory trips to Bulgaria.
Benefits of the program:
• Fast process to residency (six to nine months);
• Fast-track option allowing for citizenship within two years;
• Special exemption from physical residence enforced with legislation;
• Guaranteed investment and available financing option;
• No language requirements for residence or citizenship;
• No obligation to relinquish current nationality;
• Lowest tax rates and free trade environment within the EU.
Benefits for permanent residents:
• Free movement within the Schengen countries after acceptance;
• Access to high quality healthcare in Bulgaria and the EU;
• Conditional tax exemption on world income.
Benefits for citizens:
• Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe;
• Right to own land in an EU country.
1. Full investment– deposit BGN 1 million (€511,292) in a Governmental Bond Portfolio for an investment period of five years, with no further payment required. At the end of the five-year period, the full amount of BGN 1 million (€511,292) will be returned to the investor without any accrued interest. The investment is fully guaranteed by the government bonds.
2. Finance investment- Clients can leverage their capital by choosing to finance the required investment amount through a European Bank. Individuals pay a reduced amount that will be used to finance a BGN 1 million (€511,292) closed 5.5-year loan from a Bulgarian chartered bank. This loan is initiated and repaid at no further cost to the investor.
Fast-Track Citizenship option:
The fast-track option allows investors to apply for citizenship faster by doubling their investment. The requirements for this option are as follows:
Financing options are available to qualified applicants. Citizenship applications for participants in the fast-track citizenship program are examined under express procedure.
In accordance with the Bulgarian Citizenship Act, foreign investors who hold a permanent resident permit for at least five years are eligible to apply for Bulgarian citizenship. The requirements for those who opt for the regular program are as follows:
• Must be over 18 years old;
• Must have maintained permanent resident status for the past five years;
• Must have never been sentenced by a Bulgarian court for a capital offence or accused in criminal proceedings for such a crime (unless he/she has been rehabilitated).
• Investors will need to file a citizenship application and pass medical tests in their current country of residence.